Solid practice advising regional and domestic clients on commercial disputes.
Main areas of legal assistance:
- Representation of interests in disputes arising from software development agreements, license agreements such as developer-customer / developer-publisher / developer-licensee disputes;
- Representation of interests in disputes arising from other agreements related to the creation of copyright objects (websites, works of art, etc.);
- Representation of interests in disputes related to the infringement of trademarks and trade names exclusive rights;
- Advising and representation of clients in disputes related to the domain names;
- Advising and managing DMCA-based copyright or trademark infringement disputes regarding mobile apps;
- Advising and support in the prevention of apps piracy;
- Representation of interests in antitrust and competition law disputes related to the use of trademarks;
- Representation in disputes related to the infringement of the exclusive rights to industrial property.
High level professional skills.
Domain dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under UDRP Policy
Representing foreign IT company in its dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under the UDRP Policy procedure involving transfer of a domain name on the motion of foreign owners of trademarks.
Protecting client in a Californian court
We were involved in two disputes in the District Court of the Northern District of California, protecting a Belarusian computer games developer from motions by a French and a Turkish companies claiming violation of copyright on a mobile phone game, unlawful use of means of individualisation and unfair competition.
Protecting copyrights in AppStore
Consulting a number of Belarusian IT companies on disputes with competitors involving violation of copyright on AppStore applications.
A foreign wine manufacturer
The client, a renowned wine producer, noticed that its Belarusian competitor registered a trademark in Belarus almost identical with a trademark owned by our client. Our attorneys contested legal protection of competitor’s trademark in the Appellate Council under the National Intellectual Property Centre and in the Judicial Board for Intellectual Property of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus
Representation of Samsung in a case involving unconscientious activities of an individual that ahd registered Samsung.by domain and used it to place advertising hyperlinks on web-pages of some online stores. REVERA represented Samsung in a judicial proceeding in the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus, with the result that the domain was conferred to the client.
Protecting majority shareholders against CEO's actions
Representation of majority shareholders of a Belarusian company in courts and law enforcement agencies due to CEO’s alienation of exclusive right to trademark. Our dynamic efforts had driven negotiations from the dead-lock and allowed the client to agree upon his withdrawal from the Belarusian business on advantageous terms. We also monitored formalisation of arrangements to settle the corporate conflict, in particular, with respect to alienation of shares and change of CEO.
English courts: is there a copyright on Bitcoin File Format, and who is Satoshi Nakamoto?analytical materials
I'm a Barbie girl, in an IP disputes world: how the Barbie brand protected IPanalytical materials
How to challenge a trade mark when it is not used: proving the plaintiff's interestanalytical materials
How to minimise risks when creating software that generates content on demand from users?news
What is the status of works made for hire in Georgia?