Restrictions on the movement of Polish trailers and passenger cars engaged in international cargo transportation
On 19 June 2023 the Council of Ministers approved Decree № 391, which introduces amendments to Council of Ministers' Decrees № 311 of 25 May 2020 and № 247 of 22 April 2022 in relation to the rules of movement of trucks registered in the European Union on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
Decree № 247 of the Council of Ministers imposed a ban on the movement of trucks and tractor units registered in EU member states on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
The exceptions to this are the following:
When the vehicle goes to specially designated places for unloading and transshipment, they are to be refuelled at specially designated petrol stations where the fuel prices are set separately.
In addition to the existing restrictions on the movement of trucks and tractor units registered in the European Union, Decree № 391 establishes a ban on the movement on the territory of the Republic of Belarus of:
- trailers (semi-trailers) registered in the Republic of Poland;
- in addition to already existing restrictions on the movement of trucks and tractor units registered in the European Union, Decision № 391 establishes a ban on the movement of passenger cars registered in the Republic of Poland and carrying out international transportation in accordance with individual consignment notes or international CMR consignment notes on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
Exemptions to transportation established by Decree № 247 will also apply to Polish trailers (semi-trailers). At the same time, Polish passenger cars are allowed to transport only through road border crossing points located on the Belarusian-Polish section of the state border and back.
Decree № 391 also establishes:
- an adjusted list of reloading/transshipment points, their respective border crossing points;
- a revised list of petrol stations where foreign vehicles may be fuelled;
- the procedure for the transport inspection and customs authorities in case a violation of the ban on the movement of vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers is detected;
- the procedure for the installation of navigation seals for transportation on the territory of Belarus.
The new rules on transportation on the territory of the Republic of Belarus will enter into force from 3 July 2023.
Dear journalists, use of material from the REVERA website in publications is only possible with our written permission.