Legal support of creation (development) of a software product (application, game)
- Analysis of contracts and other documents provided by the counterparty related to the creation of the software product;
- Legal formalization of the product development process within the company;
- Development of document templates for labor relations with the project team;
- Documenting the process of custom product development (outsourced development);
- Risk analysis when using open source;
- Development of policies and agreements with end users;
- Conducting Legal Due Diligence of software products.
Support in obtaining grants for development
- Advising and explaining the terms and conditions of receiving a grant;
- Support of the Client in negotiations on obtaining a grant;
- Analyzing and making amendments to the documents to work with the received grant.
Analysis of the software product (application, game) for compliance with the requirements of marketplaces
- Analysis of the product for compliance with the requirements of marketplaces;
- Analyzing the risks of product placement on marketplaces.
Analysis of models of creation and monetization of the game product, internal and external contractual bindings
- Drafting civil law contracts in the field of video game development and publishing:
- video game development contracts,
- license agreements,
- video game assignment agreements (their elements),
- contracts with contractors (programmers, testers, etc.),
- agreements between project founders,
- video game publishing contracts,
- Analyzing and adjusting draft contracts from contractors in the field of video game development and publishing.
- Accompanying the client in negotiations with developers to agree on the terms of publishing a video game;
- Legal Due Diligence of published video games;
- Drafting civil law contracts in the field of video game publishing:
- license agreements,
- contracts of assignment of rights to video games (their elements),
- video game publishing contracts, including those with elements of financing for video game development and other commercial terms of interaction between the publisher and the developer;
- Advising on resolving disputes arising out of the relationship between a publisher and a developer.
Experts in the field
Сurrent legal support to the company, including: creation and protection of intellectual property, releasing video games, advising on national and international taxation, monitoring registration for Hi-Tech Park residency.
Preparing and execution of contracts for a company developing server solutions and mobile games.
Supporting the creation of a game development centre in Belarus. Supporting Hi-Tech Park accession.
Support in labour, corporate, migration, tax and other business issues of the Belarusian development centre.
Registration of rights to use the image, voice and other features belonging to the character of a famous person in the client's computer game. The main character of the game became a well-known showman from the CIS. His funny character-archeologist, which the actor portrayed on TV, has always been popular with the public.
We prepared an agreement permitting the use of the image of a famous CIS media personality in a computer game, executed a license agreement for the transfer of a number of elements: the idea of the character, the history of the character, graphic images and some video clips.